TAMPA (WFLA) – Veteran players and rookies were back at One Buccaneer Palace Thursday ahead of the start of training camp.
“I’m just anxious to get back out there and hit someone,” linebacker Kwon Alexander said to laughs. “I’m ready to go today to just get back with my team.”
The players said there is already a lot of energy in the locker room.
Wide receiver Mike Evans said this is the best talent the Bucs have had since he’s been with the team.
“I want to go out and be best player I can be so I can help the team,” said tight end O.J. Howard. “I will help my team any way they need me.”
Howard played college football at Alabama, and was drafted by the Buccaneers in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Training camp opens to the public at 8:45 a.m. Friday. See the complete training camp schedule here.
Members of the team spoke with the media today. You can watch the video in the player above. Note: the video is only available for 24 hours.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Ohio State Fair to reopen without rides after 1 killed, 7 injured when ride broke apart
- Young teens arrested for brutal attack on 19-year-old bringing family groceries
- FWC identifies men dragging shark behind boat in disturbing video
- Port Charlotte gator attack victim loses finger, toe, testicle
- Pinellas booze bandits busted after 8 On Your Side story leads to tips
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat