CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — Clearwater police closed a section of Old Coachman Road after a small hole formed in the roadway Wednesday morning.
The road has since reopened.
A semi truck driver had stopped on the road and was waiting to get into a parking lot when he noticed the tires on his truck were sinking.
When he moved the truck away he noticed that there was a depression in the road and called authorities.
The hole is 4 feet wide by 4 feet long and is 1.5 feet deep.
County workers are repairing the hole and anticipate finishing the repairs Wednesday afternoon.
Old Coachman Road south of Northeast Coachman Road was closed in both directions because of the depression. A section of the northbound lane is closed where the hole is, but traffic is being rerouted around construction crews as they work.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat
- Police: Man threatened couple with samurai sword in Hernando road rage incident
- ‘Go back to Africa’ rant sparks protest rally in St. Petersburg
- Man accused of using dog to lure girl, 7, at Polk Co. Publix store
- New Gulf Coast amusement park upsets women with weight restrictions
- Marine’s son cries in new stepmoms’ arms while they exchange vows