CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — An Uber driver who was shot in unincorporated Clearwater told deputies he had been jumped.
Deputies say they found a damaged Chevy Malibu in a construction area near Ulmerton Road and 40th Street North around 4 a.m. When they stopped to check the car, they found 33-year-old Terrence Baxter unresponsive in the front seat.
Baxter was taken to Bayfront Medical Center to be treated for a gunshot wound.
The 33-year-old is an Uber driver and was on-duty when he was injured. He later told deputies he had been jumped.
Detectives do not have any information about a suspect at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat
- Florida licenses and ID cards get new look, offer more fraud protection
- Man petitions to have statue of Snooty replace Confederate statue in Bradenton
- Man accused of using dog to lure girl, 7, at Polk Co. Publix store
- New Gulf Coast amusement park upsets women with weight restrictions
- Val Kilmer cancels Tampa Bay Comic Con appearance
- Marine’s son cries in new stepmoms’ arms while they exchange vows