TALLAHASSEE, FL (WCMH) — An 18-year-old Florida woman will be receiving $26,000 a year for the rest of her life after winning on a lottery scratch-off ticket.
Daniela Leon Ruz will receive $500 a week for life, after buying the $1 scratch-off ticket at her local grocery store.
She had a one in 6 million chance of winning, but beat the odds and scratched her way to the top prize.
Instead of taking the lump sum, Ruz chose to receive her winnings in annual payments for the rest of her life.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- WFLA News Channel 8’s team tries Lays ‘Do Us a Flavor’ finalist chips
- Salud! It’s National Tequila Day
- ‘Hater Map’ shows what each state hates most
- Baseball-themed gender reveal goes hilariously wrong when dad pitches
- Barista robot now remembers order based on facial recognition
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.