TALKEETNA, Alaska (AP) — Stubbs, the honorary feline mayor of the Alaska town of Talkeetna, has died at the age of 20.
The animal’s owners announced the cat’s death late Saturday in a statement.
“Stubbs lived for 20 years and 3 months,” the family wrote. “He was a trooper until the very last day of his life; meowing at us throughout the day to pet him or to come sit on the bed with him and let him snuggle and purr for hours in our lap. Thank you, Stubbs, for coming into our lives for the past 31 months; you are a remarkable cat and we will dearly miss you. We loved the time we were allowed to spend with you.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Snooty, world’s oldest known manatee, dies at age 69 in ‘heartbreaking accident’
- Largo woman’s apartment mistakenly cleaned out, precious memories now in trash
- Virtual line technology at Volcano Bay causing long waits
- VIDEO: Starbucks customer takes on armed robber
- A weird Florida mystery: Frozen pork falling from the sky
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | July 21-23