(WCNC) It is a fear that has been in the back of every beachgoer’s mind since 1975, when Steven Spielberg’s Jaws brought the terrors of the deep to the silver screen.
When you enter ocean waters, you’re not the top of the food chain anymore.
But when fear became reality for one Concord mother, faith and will to survive kept her going.
Fighting Her Way Free
Tiffany Johnson, one courageous mother of three, was on vacation with her husband, James, in the Bahamas back in June when they decided to do some Caribbean snorkeling off the beaches in Nassau.
With her husband still in the boat and her in the water, Johnson was suddenly attacked by a large shark that had clamped down onto her right arm.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Linkin Park cancels tour after death of frontman, band was to play in Tampa
- Ex-middle school principal stole thousands from Lakeland schools, deputies say
- VIDEO: Man almost hit baby while livestreaming joyride from Clearwater Beach to Caladesi Island
- Police: Video shows Florida teens watching, laughing as man drowns
- O.J. Simpson could move to St. Pete after release from prison
- ‘Hater Map’ shows what each state hates most
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | July 21-23
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.