WASHINGTON, D.C. (WLFA/CNN) — Seniors will be paying about $70 more for their lifetime passes to national parks.
According to CNN, last year Congress passed legislation raising the price of a National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass.
Lifetime senior passes used to cost $10, but starting next month they will be $80.
If you’re on a fixed budget, you can now get an annual senior pass. It will let you visit any park for one year, and it’s $20.
Four of those can then be used for a lifetime pass.
Seniors who already have lifetime passes don’t have to worry — they will still work.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- ‘Hater Map’ shows what each state hates most
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | July 21-23
- Baseball-themed gender reveal goes hilariously wrong when dad pitches
- Barista robot now remembers order based on facial recognition
- Deer breaks into taxidermy office to save stuffed friend
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.