PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was killed in an accident after losing control of his pickup truck in Pasco County Friday afternoon.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Michael Prater, 38, of Brooksville, was traveling southbound on Bellamy Brothers Boulevard, approaching a curve at Bent Fork Road.
A second vehicle was traveling northbound on Bellamy Brothers Boulevard.
FHP said Prater lost control of his truck and entered the northbound lane and the path of the second vehicle. Prater collided with the second vehicle.
Prater was airlifted to an area hospital and later died of his injuries.
The driver of the second car suffered minor injuries and a passenger in the vehicle was not injured.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Linkin Park cancels tour after death of frontman, band was to play in Tampa
- Ex-middle school principal stole thousands from Lakeland schools, deputies say
- VIDEO: Man almost hit baby while livestreaming joyride from Clearwater Beach to Caladesi Island
- Police: Video shows Florida teens watching, laughing as man drowns
- O.J. Simpson could move to St. Pete after release from prison
- ‘Hater Map’ shows what each state hates most
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | July 21-23
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.