WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A former Florida escort convicted of trying to hire a hit man to murder her newlywed husband could get up to 30 years in prison at her sentencing hearing.
Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley is scheduled Friday to sentence Dalia Dippolito, who was convicted last month of solicitation of first-degree murder.
She was recorded on video and audio in 2009 as she plotted to kill Michael Dippolito.
Prosecutors believe she wanted control of the couple’s town house and his savings.
The case gained national attention when it was featured on the TV shows “Cops” and “20/20.”
A 2011 conviction and 20-year sentence was thrown out on appeal. A retrial last fall ended with a hung jury. This time, it took the jury 90 minutes to convict the 34-year-old Dippolito.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- VIDEO: Man almost hit baby while livestreaming joyride from Clearwater Beach to Caladesi Island
- O.J. Simpson could move to St. Pete after release from prison
- Police: Video shows Florida teens watching, laughing as man drowns
- Nevada parole board grants O.J. Simpson early release from prison
- Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies at 41; No info yet on Tampa show
- Men accused of pelting Lakeland police lieutenant with eggs
- Mother of boy found dead on porch to remain in jail
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part