HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A portion of Interstate 75 in Hillsborough County has reopened after a serious crash Thursday evening.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Eric Ortiz, 36, of Lakeland, was traveling northbound on I-75 north of Fletcher Avenue when, for unknown reasons, he left the road and went onto the shoulder.
In the median, Ortiz collided with several small trees and overturned the car.
Both Ortiz and his wife were taken to Tampa General Hospital with serious injuries.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hillsborough County euthanizes wrong dog, records reflect no error
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Mail delivered to wrong addresses causing headaches for Plant City residents
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Pinellas Film Commissioner spends $390,000 on county credit card
- Officer: Partner shot bride-to-be seconds after loud sound
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part