TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened on a street Thursday afternoon.
Police responded to a report of shots fired and arrived to find a victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds on the ground near a vehicle.
The preliminary investigation indicates that Antwan Dixon, 35, was in the area of East 93rd Avenue when he encountered another man.
Dixon and the other man exchanged words, which led to shots being fired by the other man.
Dixon was taken to a hospital where he died of his injuries.
Tampa police said the shooting does not appear to be random and police have reason to believe the victim and assailant knew each other.
The investigation is ongoing but detectives have “promising leads” regarding the shooter.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Tampa police at 813-231-6130.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Nevada parole board grants O.J. Simpson early release from prison
- Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies at 41; No info yet on Tampa show
- Men accused of pelting Lakeland police lieutenant with eggs
- ‘Breaking Bad’ chemistry teacher sentenced for meth scheme
- Mother of boy found dead on porch to remain in jail
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part