LOS ANGELES (WFLA) – Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has died at age 41, TMZ reported.
Law enforcement sources told the magazine the singer committed suicide Thursday morning at a private residence in LA County.
Bennington had been open about his struggle with drug and alcohol throughout his life.
Linkin Park was scheduled to perform the “One More Light World Tour” in Tampa on Aug. 19. It was to be held at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
There was no immediate word on refunds for the show with Machine Gun Kelly.
He leaves behind six children.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hillsborough County euthanizes wrong dog, records reflect no error
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Mail delivered to wrong addresses causing headaches for Plant City residents
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Pinellas Film Commissioner spends $390,000 on county credit card
- Officer: Partner shot bride-to-be seconds after loud sound
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part