SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Venice man is accused of pulling out a gun during a road rage encounter on Interstate-75 in Sarasota County yesterday.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say it happened at 3:01 p.m. in the southbound lanes north of State Road 681.
Troopers found the driver of the 2011 Chevrolet Impala who pulled out a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber revolver during the incident with another driver.
They arrested Christopher Banach, age 26, at Roberts Road on U.S. 41.
Banach was charged with the following:
- Aggravated Assault with deadly weapon (3rd Degree Felony)
- Display of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony (2nd Degree Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance without Prescription (2 Counts)
- Possession of Cannabis with intent to sell
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (5 Counts)
The Florida Highway Patrol would like to remind everyone that *FHP (*347) dialed from any cell phone contacts FHP should you need to report an aggressive or impaired driver.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- WATCH: Body cam video shows moments after sinkhole swallowed 2 Pasco homes
- TODAY: OJ Simpson to ask for early release from prison
- Hillsborough County euthanizes wrong dog, records reflect no error
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Mail delivered to wrong addresses causing headaches for Plant City residents
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Pinellas Film Commissioner spends $390,000 on county credit card
- Officer: Partner shot bride-to-be seconds after loud sound
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part