UPDATE: July 24: The boil water notice has been cancelled.
PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – Port Richey residents are being asked to boil their water after a water main broke on Wednesday night.
The four-inch water main broke, causing a loss of water pressure. The water main has been turned off so crews can repair it.
All water that is used for drinking or cooking should be boiled for one minute at a rolling boil.
The precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until a bacteriological survey shows the water is safe to drink.
Boil water notices are usually in effect for three working days, beginning the day the water pressure is lost.
If you have questions, call the City of Port Richey at (727) 835-1217.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hillsborough County euthanizes wrong dog, records reflect no error
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Mail delivered to wrong addresses causing headaches for Plant City residents
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Pinellas Film Commissioner spends $390,000 on county credit card
- Officer: Partner shot bride-to-be seconds after loud sound
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part