HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The body of a missing boater was recovered from Lake Thonotosassa, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday.
Multiple agencies responded to a 911 call Wednesday afternoon at 1:30 pm reporting an empty boat with the motor still running.
The caller told police he had heard someone yelling for help and saw the person struggling to stay above water before they disappeared.
Dive crews with the sheriff’s office and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission began search efforts Wednesday and said Thursday morning the body had been found.
The victim was identified Thursday afternoon as Juan Luis Linares, 44, of Plantation.
Investigators are still working to determine the circumstances that led to his death.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates about this story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Men accused of pelting Lakeland police lieutenant with eggs
- TODAY: OJ Simpson to ask for early release from prison
- ‘Breaking Bad’ chemistry teacher sentenced for meth scheme
- Mother of boy found dead on porch to remain in jail
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part