TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A fifth worker who was injured in an accident at Tampa Electric’s Big Bend Power Plant has died.
BRACE Industrial Group said Thursday that Armando Perez has passed away. BRACE Industrial released the following statement:
“We are very saddened to report that BRACE employee Armando Perez has died as a result of injuries suffered during the incident at Tampa Electric’s Big Bend power plant on June 29. Our heartfelt prayers and sympathy are extended to his family and friends as we keep our primary focus on supporting our employees and their families during this difficult time.”
The accident happened Thursday, June 29. The workers were burned during an accident that happened when they were performing routine maintenance on a slag tank, which houses coal waste after it’s burned. Slag is a glass-like product that’s formed when coal mixes with water.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Men accused of pelting Lakeland police lieutenant with eggs
- TODAY: OJ Simpson to ask for early release from prison
- ‘Breaking Bad’ chemistry teacher sentenced for meth scheme
- Mother of boy found dead on porch to remain in jail
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part