MUSKEGON, Mich. (WFLA/NBC) – A historical piece of Michigan history went down Tuesday as crews had to demolish a smokestack from an old paper mill.
The century-old smokestack was too unstable and had to be knocked down.
Drone footage shows the building falling in a matter of seconds.
The paper mill was one of the city’s main economy boosters for nearly a century.
The site will be renovated into a commercial development.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pete mother arrested for allowing teens to drink at house party
- Local woman gets missing wedding rings back from Kay Jewelers
- Officials: Florida boy, 10, had fentanyl in system when he collapsed, died
- Ruskin drive-in movie theater in jeopardy due to other business’ lights
- Questions remain after police officer shoots, kills bride-to-be
- NFL player seeks help finding kidnapped pit bull being held for $10,000 ransom
- Police release last text from girl electrocuted in bathtub