TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A health advisory has been issued for Picnic Island Park Beach in Tampa due to enterococci bacteria.
The Hillsborough County Health Department took samples at the beach on Monday and found they were above the threshold for the bacteria. The department says that should be considered a potential risk to anyone who goes into the water.
Samples will be taken at the beach again on Monday, July 24.
The advisory will be lifted when the water is within satisfactory range.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Sheriff Judd responds to allegations against R. Kelly involving Polk Co. woman
- Frontier Airlines expands to 11 cities from Tampa with $34 fares
- Tests showed problems at Pasco sinkhole site in 2012
- WATCH: Big gator darts through traffic on busy Lakeland road
- Better Call Behnken: Owner of Tampa car dealership accused of rolling back odometers arrested
- VIDEO: Foster kids learn of adoption date with special help of Walt Disney World, Mickey Mouse