HIALEAH, Fla. (WFLA) – A former Miami-Dade firefighter was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly shot at a utility worker’s truck.
WTVJ reports police officers arrived at Jorge Jove’s home at about 11:30 a.m. after neighbors heard shots being fired.
Video showed Jove shooting at two AT&T trucks while two workers were wiring cables outside his home in Hialeah, police said.
Cellphone video recorded by one of the workers showed Jove, 64, walking toward the trucks and firing several shots, blowing out the tires. Jove reloaded his weapon several times, police said.
Police said he was upset the utility trucks were parked in front of his driveway.
One of the workers was still hoisted above in the bucket truck as Jove fired the shots, video showed. The two men were not injured in the shooting.
Jove was charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and felony vandalism.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hillsborough County euthanizes wrong dog, records reflect no error
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Mail delivered to wrong addresses causing headaches for Plant City residents
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Pinellas Film Commissioner spends $390,000 on county credit card
- Officer: Partner shot bride-to-be seconds after loud sound
- Racist receipt? Waiter gets stiffed on tip, but that’s not worst part