WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Two years later, investigators in Florida have arrested a man suspected of causing a crash that killed a Georgia family on their way to Walt Disney World to celebrate their daughter’s first birthday.
Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes said in a news release that 26-year-old James Geoffrey Dameron was taken into custody Tuesday following a traffic stop in Palm Beach County.
Montes says troopers a tip received on Monday that led to Dameron’s arrest.
Investigators have been searching for Dameron since the September 2015 crash that killed 23-year-old Thomas Garza, 20-year-old Lillian Luna and their daughter Brianna, all from Moultrie, Georgia. Dameron was driving on a suspended license.
He faces multiple charges, including vehicular homicide. Records don’t indicate whether he has a lawyer.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Sheriff Judd responds to allegations against R. Kelly involving Polk Co. woman
- Frontier Airlines expands to 11 cities from Tampa with $34 fares
- Tests showed problems at Pasco sinkhole site in 2012
- WATCH: Big gator darts through traffic on busy Lakeland road
- Better Call Behnken: Owner of Tampa car dealership accused of rolling back odometers arrested
- VIDEO: Foster kids learn of adoption date with special help of Walt Disney World, Mickey Mouse