LUTZ, Fla. (WFLA) – Dozens of local businesses, including a Beef O’ Brady’s, are stepping up to help those displaced by the sinkhole Friday in Land O’ Lakes.
Nearly 30 businesses contributed to donations for a raffle/silent auction taking place Wednesday night at the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s located at 18835 SR 54 in Lutz.
The event starts at 7 pm, and all proceeds will go directly towards the victims.
The devastating sinkhole swallowed two homes Friday, and several families were forced to evacuate. Officials began cleanup efforts Wednesday morning.
Pasco officials now estimate the hole is 225 feet wide and approximately 50 feet deep.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Death sentence for Carlie Brucia’s killer vacated, 11-year-old murdered in Sarasota in 2004
- Frontier Airlines expands to 11 cities from Tampa with $34 fares
- Tests showed problems at Pasco sinkhole site in 2012
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- WATCH: Big gator darts through traffic on busy Lakeland road
- Better Call Behnken: Owner of Tampa car dealership accused of rolling back odometers arrested
- VIDEO: Foster kids learn of adoption date with special help of Walt Disney World, Mickey Mouse