ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A suspect involved in a Tuesday morning shooting in St. Petersburg was taken into custody Tuesday night.
Joshua Thompson, 27, was arrested for shooting Melinda Soria at 8:25 a.m.
The shooting happened near 1100 James Avenue South before 9 a.m. Police said Melinda Soria, 35, was shot in the doorway of her mother’s home. Several others were in the house at the time.
Officers located Thompson in the 4500 block of 19th Avenue South shortly before 9:30 p.m.
Thompson was arrested without incident.
He is charged with second degree murder.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Frontier Airlines expands to 11 cities from Tampa with $34 fares
- Tests showed problems at Pasco sinkhole site in 2012
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Better Call Behnken: Owner of Tampa car dealership accused of rolling back odometers arrested
- VIDEO: Foster kids learn of adoption date with special help of Walt Disney World, Mickey Mouse