LEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lee County couple are accused of kidnapping a pregnant woman and her daughter and sexually assaulting and beating the pregnant woman, according to WBBH.
According to WBBH, Manuel Escobar, 32, punched and choked the victim, making her black out before he kidnapped her.
Escobar told the victim and her daughter to get in his car. He allegedly took the victim’s cellphone and car keys to keep her from leaving.
The victim told deputies Escobar and his girlfriend, Tahlia Ortiz, 33, forced her to have sex with them numerous times over eight days.
Escobar knew the victim was 18-weeks pregnant.
The victim escaped when Escobar left for work and left the victim’s key behind.
Escobar and Ortiz are both being held on charges of kidnapping, aggravated battery and sexual battery.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- St. Pete mother arrested for allowing teens to drink at house party
- Local woman gets missing wedding rings back from Kay Jewelers
- Officials: Florida boy, 10, had fentanyl in system when he collapsed, died
- Ruskin drive-in movie theater in jeopardy due to other business’ lights
- Questions remain after police officer shoots, kills bride-to-be
- NFL player seeks help finding kidnapped pit bull being held for $10,000 ransom
- Police release last text from girl electrocuted in bathtub
- 12.5 foot great white shark named ‘Hilton’ lurking off NC coast
- Florida toddler dies in hot car parked outside family’s home
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia