PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) — A driver is battling serious injuries at a local hospital after a crash between a car and a semi-truck.
The collision happened just before noon Tuesday at the intersection of Park Boulevard and 43rd Street in Pinellas Park.
Police say the semi and a Kia Spectra crashed in the westbound lanes of Park Boulevard North.
At the time of the crash, the lights at the intersection were on flash. Police say it could be due to heavy thunderstorms that were in the area at the time.
The man driving the Kia was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The intersection of 43rd Street and Park Boulevard will be closed in all directions for several hours while police investigate.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pete mother arrested for allowing teens to drink at house party
- Local woman gets missing wedding rings back from Kay Jewelers
- Officials: Florida boy, 10, had fentanyl in system when he collapsed, died
- Ruskin drive-in movie theater in jeopardy due to other business’ lights
- Questions remain after police officer shoots, kills bride-to-be
- NFL player seeks help finding kidnapped pit bull being held for $10,000 ransom
- Police release last text from girl electrocuted in bathtub