(WFLA) — A 9-year-old boy from Florida is on a mission to thank law enforcement officers in the United States.
Tyler Carach started a Facebook page called “I DONUT need a reason to THANK a cop.” The description reads, “Cops’ favorite drink is coffee and their favorite food is donuts. After recently meeting four cops at my local store and buying them donuts, I have decided that I know want to give donuts to all the cops in America.”
The self-proclaimed “Donut Boy” is now on a six-week trip to hand-deliver boxes of donuts to state troopers and police officers along the east coast. He and his mother left Florida at the end of June to start their trip.
“He said ‘I am going to thank every cop in America and buy them all a donut,'” Tyler’s mother, Sheena Carach, said. “So I suggested we start local, which we did, and then it kind of had a snowball effect.”
The pair pays for some of the donuts they deliver while others are donated.
By the time the two get back to Florida in August, Tyler’s mother believes he will have delivered more than 22,000 donuts in a year.
“It really opens us up when we see a 9-year-old that sees the importance of letting us know that we are appreciated,” said Trooper Marc Allen with the Pennsylvania State Police.
When he grows up, Tyler says he wants to be a K9 officer.
“I get a dog and I get to work,” he said.
Tyler’s most recent stop was in New York City to thank the NYPD.
You can follow his journey on his Facebook page.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pete mother arrested for allowing teens to drink at house party
- Local woman gets missing wedding rings back from Kay Jewelers
- Officials: Florida boy, 10, had fentanyl in system when he collapsed, died
- Ruskin drive-in movie theater in jeopardy due to other business’ lights
- Questions remain after police officer shoots, kills bride-to-be
- NFL player seeks help finding kidnapped pit bull being held for $10,000 ransom
- Police release last text from girl electrocuted in bathtub