WALNUT COVE, N.C. (WFLA/NBC News) — Oh, the irony! A deer actually broke into a taxidermy office in North Carolina.
“Bowman’s Wildlife Taxidermy” in Walnut Cove, is closed on Sundays, and apparently the deer couldn’t wait. So, it used the window.
A stokes county deputy witnessed the break in, shot video of the deer inside, then let him walk out the back door.
“There is a deer. He broke into the taxidermy trying to free his friend. Can’t make this up,” said a Stokes County deputy.
The business owners say deputies called them early Sunday morning, but they thought it was a joke.
All jokes aside, the deer did a few $100 worth of damage.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- VIDEO: It’s play time for Cincinnati Zoo’s hippo family
- Queso may be coming to Chipotle Mexican food chain
- Celebrate National French Fry Day with FREE fries in Tampa
- Hospital welcomes hurricane babies born 9 months after Matthew
- Fiona the hippo takes first family photo with both mom and dad
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.