TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police say they’ve caught the man who shot and killed a convenience store owner during an armed robbery on Sunday.
Detectives say witnesses and surveillance video helped identify Christopher Sheffield, age 24, as the armed robber.
Around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday , police responded to a report of a robbery and shooting at the 29th Street Store at 2802 N. 29th St.
When they arrived, police found the body of Mohamoud Ibrahim, 60.
Police arrested Sheffield after receiving a tip that he might be hiding at an apartment complex.
Sheffield was charged with Murder in the First Degree, Robbery with a Firearm, and Carrying a Concealed Firearm, Felon in Possession of a Firearm.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Detectives hope reward will lead to Hillsborough teen’s killer
- 12.5 foot great white shark named ‘Hilton’ lurking off NC coast
- Florida toddler dies in hot car parked outside family’s home
- Gun in woman’s purse accidentally fires, hits person at Orlando mall
- VIDEO: 10 injured by runaway boat
- Police look for Florida man accused of burning, kidnapping wife
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia
- Man killed in boating accident near Courtney Campbell Causeway
- County to test for E. coli in residents’ water near massive Pasco sinkhole
- Couple honeymooning in Florida accused of kidnapping woman, raping her