HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Search crews on Monday found the body of a jet skier who went missing Sunday at East Lake in Hillsborough County.
Search crews responded to the lake at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday after receiving a call about a missing jet skier.
A Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesperson said that Eduardo Godfrey, age 28, and passenger 24-year-old Jeno Wesley were on the jet ski.
Godfrey made a sharp turn which caused both of them to be ejected.
Wesley was able to swim back and climb on the jet ski uninjured.
Godfrey tried swimming back, but struggled in the water and did not resurface, according to FWC.
Godfrey was not wearing life jacket, Wesley was wearing one
Both men are believed to be from the Tampa Bay area.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Detectives hope reward will lead to Hillsborough teen’s killer
- 12.5 foot great white shark named ‘Hilton’ lurking off NC coast
- Florida toddler dies in hot car parked outside family’s home
- Gun in woman’s purse accidentally fires, hits person at Orlando mall
- VIDEO: 10 injured by runaway boat
- Police look for Florida man accused of burning, kidnapping wife
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia
- Man killed in boating accident near Courtney Campbell Causeway
- County to test for E. coli in residents’ water near massive Pasco sinkhole
- Couple honeymooning in Florida accused of kidnapping woman, raping her