OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (AP) — Garth Brooks says he’ll pony up for a Hawaiian honeymoon for a couple who got engaged at his concert in Oklahoma City.
Drew Bargsley proposed to Chelsea Townsend while Brooks was playing his hit “Unanswered Prayers” Saturday night.
The singer got wind of the commotion and asked the couple about their honeymoon plans from the stage. He told them he and his wife, Trisha Yearwood, will pay for their honeymoon if they decide to go to Hawaii.
Brooks later told Yearwood about his offer and she agreed, but added, “Nobody else can get engaged tonight.”
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Queso may be coming to Chipotle Mexican food chain
- Celebrate National French Fry Day with FREE fries in Tampa
- Hospital welcomes hurricane babies born 9 months after Matthew
- Fiona the hippo takes first family photo with both mom and dad
- Fisherman catches 600 pound marlin off Hawaii
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.