CORNELIA, Ga. (AP) – Aaron Carter feels his “celebrity was targeted” during his arrest on driving under the influence and drug charges in north Georgia over the weekend.
Authorities say the 29-year-old singer was released on bail Sunday. Carter, of Port Richey, Florida, is accused of drunken driving and possession of marijuana and drug-related objects.
In a statement tweeted Sunday, Carter says was arrested inside an auto supply store “by several police officers with aggression.” He says he wasn’t in a moving vehicle and has a license to use medical marijuana for “long standing anxiety.”
Habersham County Sheriff Joey Terrell said Monday that since the case is active, he can’t comment.
Carter said his next show, set for Monday night at a shopping mall in Birmingham, Alabama, will go on as scheduled.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Detectives hope reward will lead to Hillsborough teen’s killer
- 12.5 foot great white shark named ‘Hilton’ lurking off NC coast
- Florida toddler dies in hot car parked outside family’s home
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia
- Man killed in boating accident near Courtney Campbell Causeway
- County to test for E. coli in residents’ water near massive Pasco sinkhole
- Couple honeymooning in Florida accused of kidnapping woman, raping her