AVON, N.C. (WNCT) – Do you remember Katharine, the great white shark who’s an internet star? Well, she now has some company. His name is Hilton and he’s almost as big as Katharine.
The shark was named Hilton by the OCEARCH team who tagged him. He’s been swimming up and down the Carolina coast for the last few days.
According to tracking data, Hilton made his closest approach to land Saturday, passing nearby Cape Lookout and along the Cape Lookout National Seashore.
Hilton’s last ping on the tracking device came shortly after 2 p.m. Sunday off the coast of the Outer Banks.
OCEARCH has created a Twitter account to follow Hilton on his journeys. To follow along, click here.
To learn more about Hilton, or see his recent travels, click here.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Florida toddler dies in hot car parked outside family’s home
- Gun in woman’s purse accidentally fires, hits person at Orlando mall
- VIDEO: 10 injured by runaway boat
- Detectives hope reward will lead to Hillsborough teen’s killer
- Police look for Florida man accused of burning, kidnapping wife
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia
- Man killed in boating accident near Courtney Campbell Causeway
- County to test for E. coli in residents’ water near massive Pasco sinkhole
- Couple honeymooning in Florida accused of kidnapping woman, raping her