TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—A Tampa girl with a big heart celebrated her ninth birthday with a wonderful cause in mind.
When the parents of 9-year-old Alex Couch asked what she wanted for her birthday, instead of requesting toys or a puppy, she told them she wanted her friends to donate to the local Humane Society—and that’s exactly what they did.
At her birthday party this weekend, friends of Alex showed up with various gifts for pets and on Saturday, Alex delivered a wagon full of pet food, pet toys and blankets for the animals at the Humane Society of Tampa.
Her parents tell News Channel 8 Alex’s selflessness and her friends’ generosity brought comfort and food to animals in need.
Way to go, Alex!
‘STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Reward for information offered in Hillsborough missing teen homicide case
- Baby giraffe Julius dies at Maryland Zoo
- Cleanup from massive Land O’ Lakes sinkhole expected to take weeks
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day with deals in Tampa Bay
- D23 Expo brings exciting announcements for Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: Bull gets stuck in tire at Iowa ranch
- Who’s next: Jodie Whittaker 1st female star of ‘Doctor Who’