TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida’s growing opioid crisis is a major cause for concern on many levels.
More and more people are dying from opioid-related deaths across the state.
In 2015 alone, more than 2,500 Floridians died with at least one prescription drug in their system.
But the questions remain: How do you get someone the help they need before they head down a deadly path, or can you?
News Channel 8 spoke with Dr. Jason Fields, an addiction specialist with Advanced Recovery Systems, on Sunday morning. Hear what he had to say by watching the video above.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Body found in Riverview identified as missing teen, homicide investigation underway
- Baby giraffe Julius dies at Maryland Zoo
- Cleanup from massive Land O’ Lakes sinkhole expected to take weeks
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day with deals in Tampa Bay
- D23 Expo brings exciting announcements for Walt Disney World
- Lab Tests: Chemicals linked to birth defects found in most mac and cheese products
- VIDEO: Bull gets stuck in tire at Iowa ranch