LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE | The Silver Alert for Audrey Sharpe, 73, who was reported missing Sunday has been canceled. Deputies say Sharpe was found safe and sound. No further details were released.
ORIGINAL STORY | A Silver Alert was issued for a missing 73-year-old Lakeland woman.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to be on the lookout for Audrey Sharpe, who disappeared around 10:30 am Sunday from her residence on Creekwood Run.
Deputies say she was driving a blue 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer with a Florida tag #K013NP and was on her way to visit her husband at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, but never made it to her destination.
At 2:30 pm Sunday, deputies received a 911 call reporting a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer driving erratically near the intersection of West Shore Blvd and Gandy Blvd in Tampa, but it’s unclear if Sharpe was behind the wheel.
According to her family, Sharpe has diabetes and becomes disoriented and confused when she does not take her medicine.
She is described as a white female with gray hair and brown eyes. She is 5’03” tall and weighs approximately 110 pounds.
Sharpe was last seen wearing a red and blue plaid long-sleeve shirt with black pants.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Oscar-winning actor Martin Landau dies at 89
- Reward for information offered in Hillsborough missing teen homicide case
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia
- Man killed, woman injured in boating accident near Courtney Campbell Causeway
- D23 Expo brings exciting announcements for Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: Bull gets stuck in tire at Iowa ranch