TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A convenience store owner who survived a violent armed robbery in 2011 was shot and killed during a robbery Sunday in Tampa, police said.
After receiving a 911 call about a robbery in progress, Tampa police responded to 2802 N. 29th Street and found the body of a man later identified as Mohamoud Ibrahim, 60.
Detectives say Ibrahim was killed in an apparent robbery attempt. An investigation into his death is underway and no arrests have been made at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the incident has been asked to call the Tampa Police Department at 813.231.6130.
It wasn’t the first time the victim was shot during an armed robbery. On November 15, 2011, Ibrahim sustained serious injuries when he was shot by an armed robbery suspect at the same store.
News Channel 8 has obtained surveillance video of the 2011 incident.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Reward for information offered in Hillsborough missing teen homicide case
- Baby giraffe Julius dies at Maryland Zoo
- Cleanup from massive Land O’ Lakes sinkhole expected to take weeks
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day with deals in Tampa Bay
- D23 Expo brings exciting announcements for Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: Bull gets stuck in tire at Iowa ranch
- Who’s next: Jodie Whittaker 1st female star of ‘Doctor Who’