SPRING HILL, Fla. (WFLA) — Deputies in Hernando County say a 1-year-old child was rushed to the hospital after falling into a pool in Spring Hill Saturday afternoon.
According to the sheriff’s office, the child fell into the pool on Killian Street after getting outside through a sliding glass door.
The child was taken to the hospital and then flown to a pediatric hospital.
Detectives are investigating.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Cleanup from massive Land O’ Lakes sinkhole expected to take weeks
- Body found in Riverview identified as missing teen, homicide investigation underway
- Tampa’s Alfred Angelo Bridal store closes doors, brides rush to meet 8 p.m. pickup deadline
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Typo in Wendy’s restaurant sign in Florida is divine comedy
- Slimy highway: Truck carrying 7,500 pounds of live eels overturns
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.