MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Manatee County corrections deputy was terminated after using excessive force on an inmate.
Sheriff Rick Wells reports the investigation into the complaint against Paul Wager, 32, is complete.
The encounter was caught on camera.
Wagner is seen throwing a handcuffed inmate to the ground, breaking the man’s nose and two front teeth.
The state attorney’s office is considering criminal charges against Wagner.
Wagner is appealing the termination and a Career Service Board will hear his appeal on July 27.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Baby of pregnant mother struck by lightning in Fort Myers dies
- Inmate confesses to killing 4 PA men, says where bodies are
- Tampa’s Alfred Angelo Bridal store closes doors, brides rush to meet 8 p.m. pickup deadline
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Typo in Wendy’s restaurant sign in Florida is divine comedy
- Slimy highway: Truck carrying 7,500 pounds of live eels overturns