CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) – A man who authorities say made nearly 100 calls to police in one day has been arrested.
Clearwater police said in a Facebook post that Michael Mott called the department 98 times on Monday.
They say Mott was trying to get money that was seized during an arrest in January.
Mott used two phones to make the calls and even made calls in front of an officer.
Authorities say Mott tied up valuable resources that were meant to help citizens in need.
Mott was charged with harassing telephone calls. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Video shows house falling into Land O’ Lakes sinkhole
- Baby of pregnant mother struck by lightning in Fort Myers dies
- Inmate confesses to killing 4 PA men, says where bodies are
- Tampa’s Alfred Angelo Bridal store closes doors, brides rush to meet 8 p.m. pickup deadline
- Typo in Wendy’s restaurant sign in Florida is divine comedy
- Slimy highway: Truck carrying 7,500 pounds of live eels overturns