PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) – Police say a man has been found dead inside a burning pickup truck that crashed into a government building in the Florida Panhandle, adding it appeared to be a suicide.
Authorities said Thursday’s early morning crash was not a terrorist attack nor was it directed toward anyone in local government.
Capt. Paul Powell of the Panama City Police Department says authorities don’t know what started the fire.
He says the man was from the area but police aren’t immediately identifying him.
Powell told the News Herald that the vehicle crashed into the Bay County Government Center around 5:15 a.m. Thursday.
Authorities found the man inside the pickup after they put out the flames. The government center remained closed for hours, reopening at midmorning.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Baby of pregnant mother struck by lightning in Fort Myers dies
- Inmate confesses to killing 4 PA men, says where bodies are
- Tampa’s Alfred Angelo Bridal store closes doors, brides rush to meet 8 p.m. pickup deadline
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Typo in Wendy’s restaurant sign in Florida is divine comedy
- Slimy highway: Truck carrying 7,500 pounds of live eels overturns