ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) – An Orlando Police Department officer’s bodycam video that shows what happened after he pulled over state attorney Aramis Ayala is sparking some heated discussions on social media.
The video was posted to the Orlando Police Department’s You Tube page on Wednesday. Since then, the video has gotten more than 350,000 views.
Some social media users claim Florida’s only African-American state attorney was the victim of racial profiling, while others say the officer made a justified stop.
The officer said he pulled her over after a routine tag check came back saying her license plate was not registered to any vehicle, which is normal for vehicles registered to public officials.
Ayala asked why the tag was run and the officer told her it was routine to run license plates to see if cars have been stolen. He also told her that her windows were tinted really dark.
Both the Orlando Police Department and Ayala said the traffic stop was legal, according to an NBC News report.
Watch the video and let us know what you think on the WFLA Facebook page.
Ayala recently made headlines when Florida Governor Rick Scott took away 21 more first-degree murder cases from her after she said she will no longer seek the death penalty for cases, including the case of accused cop killer Markeith Loyd.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies: Teen driver on cell phone crashes into Town N’ Country home
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Human remains found in search for 4 missing men, 1 victim identified
- New Kids on the Block’s Donnie Wahlberg leaves $2,000 tip at NC Waffle House
- Feds: German flew to Orlando for sadomasochistic child sex
- Chick-fil-A protesters confront fishermen at St. Pete park, throw fish back in water
- Bay area mom says deputies ‘justified’ in arresting her sons, ages 9 and 10
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone