HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies are using a helicopter and K9s to find two men who robbed a Waffle House restaurant at gunpoint early Thursday morning.
Investigators say it happened at the Waffle House located at 6502 U.S. Highway 301.
The men were dressed in black and each suspect was wearing a hoodie and gloves. One was armed with a rifle when they went into the restaurant and took cash from the register.
There were three employees in the Waffle House at the time of the robbery.
No one was injured.
Deputies think the suspects took off in a car.
Investigators are interviewing the employees. The restaurant is open.
No details have been releases about surveillance video that may have recorded the robbery.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates about this story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies: Teen driver on cell phone crashes into Town N’ Country home
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Human remains found in search for 4 missing men, 1 victim identified
- Chick-fil-A protesters confront fishermen at St. Pete park, throw fish back in water
- Bay area mom says deputies ‘justified’ in arresting her sons, ages 9 and 10
- Pinellas Park Chick-fil-A protest angers parents, scares kids
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching