CRYSTAL SPRINGS, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance where a man charged at deputies, was shot and later died.
Deputies responded to a home at 38339 Higginson Road in reference to a domestic disturbance at 7:47 p.m. this evening.
The caller mentioned that her son was violent and wanted to kill deputies before they would deploy a Taser on him.
When deputies arrived, the man fled to a trailer behind the house.
The man was held up inside the trailer, threatening suicide with a knife.
Deputies made entry into the trailer and the man charged at them and held up the knife.
One deputy fired at the man several times.
Deputies immediately called Fire Rescue to render aid to the suspect at the scene.
He was taken to an area hospital with unknown injuries and died on the way.
No further information was immediately released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Baby of pregnant mother struck by lightning in Fort Myers dies
- Inmate confesses to killing 4 PA men, says where bodies are
- Tampa’s Alfred Angelo Bridal store closes doors, brides rush to meet 8 p.m. pickup deadline
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Typo in Wendy’s restaurant sign in Florida is divine comedy
- Slimy highway: Truck carrying 7,500 pounds of live eels overturns
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.