TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The search continues to find the two men Hillsborough County Deputies say robbed the Waffle House off U.S. 301 early Thursday morning.
Just after 3 a.m., deputies say two men came into the restaurant dressed in black hoodies with gloves. One of the men had a long gun.
Three employees were there at the time, and tell police the men took cash from the register.
No one was hurt.
Deputies say the men then ran away, and they believe may have jumped into a nearby car.
The sheriff’s office put up a helicopter and sent out a K9 unit to help track down the suspects, but the search is ongoing.
There are security cameras at the Waffle House. WFLA News Channel 8 is waiting to hear if the cameras captured the robbery.
People who live nearby are on edge with the two suspects still on the loose.
“It is pretty crazy because I work right here. What if those guys come over here,” said Daniel Tippin, who works near the Waffle House. “I’ve got guys that I work with that are kind of elderly, that aren’t able to defend themselves. Am I going to have to stand in front of them and say ‘Hey, leave these guys alone!’”
Stay with WFLA News Channel 8 for the latest updates in this case.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies: Teen driver on cell phone crashes into Town N’ Country home
- $390 million in unclaimed money from Tampa Bay area, is some of it yours?
- Human remains found in search for 4 missing men, 1 victim identified
- Chick-fil-A protesters confront fishermen at St. Pete park, throw fish back in water
- Bay area mom says deputies ‘justified’ in arresting her sons, ages 9 and 10
- Pinellas Park Chick-fil-A protest angers parents, scares kids
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching