TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Tampa police are searching for a man they say pointed a gun at two 7-Eleven employees, then took money and cigarettes.
The suspect went to the 7-Eleven at 109th Avenue and Nebraska Avenue around 3:20 a.m. Tuesday.
At the time, a female employee was in front of the store sweeping. Police say the suspect went up to her and pointed a brown paper bag at her with a gun inside, and told her to walk back into the store.
Once they were inside, investigators say he pointed the bag and gun at the employee who was behind the register, demanding cash and cigarettes.
The man then left and headed east on 108th Avenue.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Storms cause damage, flooding in Tampa Bay area Monday evening
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- At least 16 killed in military plane crash in Mississippi
- Lakeland rescue dog with bucket list passes away
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow