POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has responded to a semi rollover accident on US Hwy 27 in Davenport.
It happened near the intersection of Dunson Road.
Deputies say the semi, which was hauling sand, was traveling through a green light, going southbound on the highway when a car at a red light on Waverly Barn Road made a right turn instead of stopping. To avoid a collision, the dump truck veered into the left lane of the highway and fell on its side. Deputies say the semi did make a “glancing blow” with the vehicle, but no injuries were reported.
The overturned was blocking all southbound lanes of the highway near the intersection of Dunson Road. At this time, only one southbound lane is open to traffic as a towing company works to remove the dump truck.
We will have updates on WFLA.com when more information is available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Largo teen dies after cliff diving into Ocala rock quarry
- Pinellas Park Chick-fil-A protest angers parents, scares kids
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching