HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A motorcyclist was killed in a crash that shut down part of a Hillsborough County road on Wednesday morning.
Investigators with the Florida Highway Patrol say the crash happened at 5:54 a.m.
A Chevy Malibu driven by Cierra Mobley, 31, of Vasalia, California was headed southbound on U.S. 301 and turned into the path of a motorcycle at Columbus Drive.
Luis C. Pineda-Rodriguez, 28, of Tampa was driving the motorcycle and died at the scene of the crash.
The northbound lanes of U.S. 301 were closed at Columbus Drive for much of the morning commute.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Largo teen dies after cliff diving into Ocala rock quarry
- Pinellas Park Chick-fil-A protest angers parents, scares kids
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching