BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Two Florida boys ages 11 and 12 have been arrested on charges they raped an 11-year-old girl.
The Palm Beach Post reports the boys were arrested in June, a month after the investigation began.
The girl told Boynton Beach police she was playing when the boys approached and asked for sex. She refused. She says they dragged her near a vacant home and raped her, but she told no one. She said one boy raped her again weeks later, threatening to “shoot her house up” if she told. She wrote a note to an employee at her school.
One boy told police the sex was consensual. The other admitted “a bad thing” happened before his mother stopped the interview. Prosecutors say both boys will likely be charged as juveniles.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Storms cause damage, flooding in Tampa Bay area Monday evening
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- At least 16 killed in military plane crash in Mississippi
- Lakeland rescue dog with bucket list passes away
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow