CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A 45-year-old bicyclist was killed when he was hit by a truck Tuesday night in Clearwater.
It happened around 11:30 p.m. at Drew Street and Booth Avenue.
Investigators say a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Richard Clark, 59, of Safety Harbor, was driving westbound when the bicyclist rode in front of him. Clark was not able to stop.
The bicyclist was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg where he later died.
His identity has not been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Largo teen dies after cliff diving into Ocala rock quarry
- Pinellas Park Chick-fil-A protest angers parents, scares kids
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching