GARDENDALE, Ala. (AP) — A man wanted in the fatal shooting of his ex-wife and two other people near Birmingham, Alabama, has killed himself in the Florida Panhandle.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Deb Henley in Escambia County, Florida, says 52-year-old Kenneth Dion Lever killed himself Wednesday afternoon after deputies spotted him in a parking lot.
She says Lever got out of a car and took his own life, but it wasn’t immediately clear how.
Authorities had been searching for Lever since three people were shot to death Wednesday morning at a mobile home park in the Birmingham suburb of Gardendale.
The dead include ex-wife Dana Reeves Lever, who filed court papers accusing the man of stalking and harassing her.
The other victims are Dana Reeves Lever’s sister, 65-year-old Bonnie Reeves Foshee; and Reeves Foshee’s husband, 69-year-old Don Austin Foshee.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Storms cause damage, flooding in Tampa Bay area Monday evening
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- At least 16 killed in military plane crash in Mississippi
- Lakeland rescue dog with bucket list passes away
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow