HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has located a previously missing and endangered woman.
Lillian Morales left her home on Fish Lake Road on foot at 3 p.m. Tuesday and has not been seen since.
Morales has health issues that require medication and has been diagnosed with dementia.
The sheriff’s office said Morales was located in a canal near her home and she is okay.
HCSO Aviation was searching the area and noticed a person inside a body of water.
Aviation directed deputies to Morales’ location.
It is believed she had been in the water for quite some time.
Morales will be medically evaluated and reunited with her family.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Largo teen dies after cliff diving into Ocala rock quarry
- Pinellas Park Chick-fil-A protest angers parents, scares kids
- 14-year-old girl dies in bathtub after being electrocuted by cellphone
- Star of ‘The Little Couple’ joins St. Pete’s All Children’s Hospital as medical director
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.